Saturday, November 1, 2008

Today has been a good day

Today has been a good day. We traveled down to my parents house for the youth deer hunt. My two boys love to hunt with their PoPo. For you anti-hunting readers, deer hunting to us is not about killing deer. Deer hunting is about being out in nature with someone you love. The boys love to be with PoPo. I love being with PoPo too! Don't get me wrong a deer will be killed by one of my sweet boys and we will enjoy the meat tonight for supper. Football has been on the TV all day as we wander in and out of the house. Fishing takes place when we are tired of hunting. I have spent some time with my mom and grandma today going to yardsales. After a week of hustle and bustle, it is so nice to come here and rest. It is nice to be just close to the ones we love. Sometimes there are no words. One of us will be catching a catnap in the chair while the others are in the kitchen preparing food for our next meal. (We eat really well while we are here!) Dusty told me one time that God wants this same kind of time with us. It just wants to be with us. Resting in Him. Thank you Lord for rest with the ones we love. I look forward to resting with You. Today has been a good day.

No comments: